But as
God is the ever-living, ever-present, ever-acting One, who
upholdeth all things by the word of His power, and
in whom all things exist, the relation of the creature to God
could only be one of unceasing, absolute,
universal dependence.
1. How do the truths in this chapter apply to your
personal spiritual life?
The above quote spoke to me as I have many times in my life been
reminded that it is not I that is in control.
He has reminded this total dependence many times – most recently during
the high risk pregnancy and birth of my 3rd child. I am blessed that I have Him to be totally
dependant on.
2. How do the truths in this chapter apply to your
leadership role within Classical Conversations?
The same quote applies in that I am not dictator of CC Wimberley. It is the Lords group and I am dependant
totally on Him. I am dependant on His
guidance from everything from facility to tutor placement, to whom He chooses
to bring in as part of the community. His plans always work out better than my
own.
3. What parallels in literature do you see that apply or
reference these same truths from this chapter?
I may be grasping here as I am not quite sure I completely understand
what type of answer you are needing…but the first literary character that comes
to mind when I read this chapter is Boo Radley in To Kill a Mocking Bird. He is meek.
He was made by his maker and was beautiful despite what the world
thought of him. And when he saved Scout
at the end, he was not prideful.
~Holli
No comments:
Post a Comment