Monday, June 24, 2013

Chapter 2: the secret of redemption

As I read this chapter and then reread this chapter, the simplicity of the the matter of pride was a little overwhelming.

I have always looked at pride as something to pluck out. "Am I dealing with a issue of pride in my ____?" Always finding ways to combat it at that level. Yet somehow forgetting that pride is the root we were handed from Adam and Eve.

As I realize that only "spot cleaning" pride issues, as they manifested, was still leaving the "stain" to fester & reappear again later.

Ex in life:
As I ran errands this week, I saw my foster sons parents. As I saw them me heart raged as I contemplated the case we have in hand. The "why don't they?", "what are you thinking?!", and such questions filled my mind. I then recalled these words:

My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus Christ, my righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus’ name.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand,
All other ground is sinking sand.
When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale,
My anchor holds within the veil.
His oath, His covenant, His blood,
Support me in the whelming flood;
When all around my soul gives way,
He then is all my hope and stay.
When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh, may I then in Him be found;
In Him, my righteousness, alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne.
Source: http://www.hymnal.net

My heart had become prideful & bitter towards these people. If humility is truly to be seen in all my branches, how am I truly doing? What pruning do I need to do? Is there areas we have let get tangled for lack of maintenance? If so how can humility be the one chief thing we ask for? Which we'd sacrifice all else for? The characteristic we admire the most in Christ?(pg. 14).

I simply offer you the same answer and remedy as Murray, "sink down into it deeper day by day." "Pride and self have the all of man, till man has his all from Christ.."

No comments:

Post a Comment