"The Son can do nothing of Himself" (John 5: 19) "I
can of My own self do nothing; My judgment is just,
because I seek not Mine own will" (John 5: 30) "I
receive not glory from men" (John 5: 41) "I am come not to
do Mine own will" (John 6:38) "My teaching is not
Mine" (John 7:16) "I am not come of Myself" (John 7:28)
"I do nothing of Myself" (John 8:28) "I have not
come of Myself, but He sent Me" (John 8: 42). "I seek not
Mine own glory" (John 8:50) "The words that I say, I
speak not from Myself" (John 14: 10). "The word which
ye hear is not Mine" (John 14: 24).
1. How do the truths
in this chapter apply to your personal spiritual life?
I love how this chapter emphasizes that
even the Jesus could do nothing separate from His Father. This is so much more true in my own spiritual
life. I can do nothing separate from my
Father in heaven.
2. How do the truths
in this chapter apply to your leadership role within Classical Conversations?
I think this is the same as the application
for my spiritual life. Any decision I
make in my life belongs to the Father.
3. What parallels in
literature do you see that apply or reference these same truths from this
chapter?
I have read Lisa Terkuerst’s book “Made To
Crave”. It talks about how our Father
made us to crave…but those cravings are for Him and His word and His
glory. Without Him, our cravings are
directed towards things that are not good for our bodies or our souls. The above scriptures remind me of this. Without Him we can do nothing…
Holli Barrett
No comments:
Post a Comment