Monday, July 1, 2013

HUMILITY CH 3

HUMILITY – chapter 3

1.     I want to be like Jesus, deeply and completely motivated by my God, not by my self. To become more like him, I most know him and His (Our) Father intimately. Am I so close to God that the “not” statements Jesus made are true of me? Or do I so regularly ignore, by purpose or by business, His voice? I think I’ll be asking myself this question regularly for the rest of my days.

2.     Jesus existed to be nothing of Himself, but only to please God and serve Him and His people. In CC, the way for the Direct God’s people is to have no motive of my own, but only to serve my God and His people.

3.     One of the themes of Wendell Berry’s characters goes something like this: Men (in the food manufacturing industry), with minds set on profit, destroy the lives and livelihood of farmers by ignoring the very nature of the way man, animals and land have been created and maintained by God Himself. Their ignorance of God’s plans combined with their self-maintained motive of growing the profit margin, has devastating consequences for our people and our planet.

My prayer: There is nothing- not one thing- I can “figure out” on my own. I give You every thought, concern, worry, wondering- You are my mind. You are my heart. I cannot be found. Renew me. Make me a new creature again, as you have already promised. When the enemy comes searching for me, may I not be found. In You alone is all of me to be found. May it be so.



No comments:

Post a Comment