Tuesday, August 13, 2013
Chapter Five
"Let us consider deeply how far the disciples were advanced while this grace was still so terribly lacking, and let us pray to God that other gifts may not so satisfy us, that we never grasp the fact that the absence of this grace is the secret cause why the power of God cannot do its mighty work. It is only where we, like the Son, truly know and show that we can do nothing of ourselves, that God will do all."
May my heart never be satisfied that I have arrived.
May I be thankful for the work that God does in me when I am able to humble myself.
May I not be discouraged by my failings and feel condemned when my earnest efforts fall short.
May my pride never blind me from being convicted when I hear others' concerns about me.
May I continually press on to more fully understand humility as the chief glory of a follower of Christ.
May I recognize that even the disciples, who were advanced in many graces, were lacking in humility and may I not be satisfied without it.
May my life be a beautiful garment that draws attention to the Maker and not the one who wears it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Amen, Erin!
ReplyDelete