1. How do the truths in this chapter apply to your
personal spiritual life?
I am always learning more about my Lord and Savior. As I learn, I should continue to remain
humble and not act as if I know more than another.
2. How do the truths in this chapter apply to your
leadership role within Classical Conversations?
As a director while I continue to search for knowledge, wisdom, and
understanding I should always seek Christ first. That the disciples, with all their training
about Christ (which should have made them resolutely humble) they still showed
pride in the form of who was the greatest, most trained, etc. As my knowledge of CC increases I am to still
be humble.
3. What parallels in literature do you see that apply or
reference these same truths from this chapter?
This reminds me of a Grimm Brothers Fairy tale…The Fox and the
Cat. In it, the cat meets the fox whom
the cat believes is “clever and full of experience, and much esteemed in the
world”. However, the fox is so full of
himself that he is the one that gets eaten by the hounds while the cat springs
to safety. The fox said he was a master
of a hundred arts and the cat knew only one…”how to spring into the tree”. We can know hundreds of bits of knowledge but
unless we are humble we will perish just as the fox.
~Holli
No comments:
Post a Comment